Sunday, July 17, 2016

Back in the Games


One year after the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games, I'm returning to the sports world to work the Rio 2016 Olympic Games... in sunny Stamford, Connecticut! That's where the headquarters for NBC Sports is located. Somewhere within the compound is the Research Room - my home for the next four weeks.

I've been assigned as a researcher for six sports - canoe/kayak, fencing, boxing, taekwondo, judo and wrestling. The first two I'm very familiar with, having previously worked as Media Director for USA Canoe/Kayak and USA Fencing. The other four - not as much, but I look forward to becoming an expert on them.

My job will be to assist the on-air talent and producers with storylines, stats, records, pronunciations... you name it. I've never had this particular role before but I'm excited to see the Olympics from the broadcast side of things. It'll be the first Games that I work for remotely. I'm sad to miss out on the excitement and beauty of Brazil but happy not to have to be away from family and work for any longer than I already am.

Be sure to follow along on NBC, NBC Sports, CNBC, MSNBC, USA, Bravo and Telemundo!

Fun facts about Stamford: it's a 50-minute train ride from NYC

1 comment:

  1. Fun fact....Stamford is 1 hour from me!!!!!!!! ~Christina

    ReplyDelete