Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Goodbye Texas

Tomorrow begins my two-day, 16-hour roadtrip with my parents to Colorado. I am currently taking a break from packing. Over the next few days, I will be spending time with my parents, Denver relatives and my sister and brother-in-law, who will be in town for a wedding. Then it's moving day in Colorado Springs. I'll have one day to get acclimated to my dorm room and roommate before I start work on Monday.

In addition to working hard, I plan to do some sightseeing during the next six months. Here are some events on my calendar:

Sunday, Aug. 9: Warped Tour in Denver to see NOFX
Sunday, Aug. 23: Flaming Lips @ Red Rocks with Teresa
Saturday, Sept. 12: UT football @ Wyoming
Saturday, Nov. 7: UT football vs. Central Florida in Austin

I also hope to catch Rockies, Broncos, Nuggets and Air Force football games. I plan to give white water rafting and snowboarding a try, as well.

Feel free to bookmark this page and check back to see how my adventure is going. I will be posting photos and links to any writing I may produce in my media relations internship with the United States Olympic Committee.

Today's Weather in Colorado Springs: High 88, Low 57, Thunderstorms

4 comments:

  1. i can't believe you're moving already! good luck with your roadtrip! Mine was 31-hour drive... it felt like forever. I'm glad you created this so I can keep up. We better meet up for the football game! Miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is Teresa invited to the Flaming Lips? She only listens to the Top 40 Countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete