Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home Sweet Dorm

Tonight is my first night in the dorm. Tomorrow is my first day of work. I now live in the athlete/volunteer/intern residencies at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO. But before I go any farther, this blog post is dedicated to the roadtrip and days leading up to today.

In two days, my parents and I drove from San Antonio to Denver, where some of my relatives live and my sister was visiting. On the trip up, we stopped in Palo Duro Canyon. The canyon in in the panhandle of Texas near Amarillo, where we stopped for the night. The canyon is a miniature version of the Grand Canyon in Arizona but it is big nonetheless.

Over the last three days, we ate, drank and watched fireworks. I want to thank my cousin Emily and her friends for showing me around downtown Denver. Thanks to Uncle Mike and Aunt Rosanne for taking me in as their replacement son. Thanks to my parents for everything else.

Click here for photos of my stop at Palo Duro Canyon.

Today's weather in Colorado Springs: High 72, Low 55, thunderstorms

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Nick! Enjoyed getting to know you. BTW, is that an LSU hat?

    ReplyDelete