Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Sunny Sunday

Sunday's high in Colorado Springs: 81 degrees. Perfect day for a trip to Garden of the Gods. I had been once before but this time I got to see a different part of the huge public park. The strange rock formations are truly unique. I couldn't believe the warm weather, one week after an icy Saturday with a high of 30. I don't know how many sunny, mild weekends are left so I was glad to take advantage of the opportunity.

This past week I booked two plane tickets. One to Pittsburgh for Christmas and the other to Vancouver for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in February. I'm very excited about both trips. I have never been to Pennsylvania and the trip will also include visits to the small Italian mining town of Crabtree. I'm hoping to eat some good Italian food and maybe enjoy my first ever white Christmas.

The Olympics are more real than ever for me now. I know that I have a bed in a condo in Whistler, within 100 yards of the Whistler Media Centre. Whistler is the ski resort about three hours north of Vancouver. The Olympic sports taking place there are biathlon, various ski disciplines and the sliding sports of bobsled, luge and skeleton. I think I will be doing odd jobs, such as writing releases for the website and working events. The hours will be long but I'm hoping to have a spare hour or two to catch an event. I might be able to attend the opening and closing ceremonies.

The Texas Longhorns are 6-0, having just beat their archrival Oklahoma in rather unimpressive fashion. For any UT fan, there's no such thing as a bad win over the Sooners. The Horns now enter a tough two-game road trip at Missouri and Oklahoma State.

Click HERE for photos of Garden of the Gods.

Click HERE for my latest Team USA Going for the Gold vodcast.

Click HERE for Teresa's front page story on intramural cricket at Lamar University.

Days until my weekend trip to Texas: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment