Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sport Media Summer Camp


This time two weeks ago, I was preparing myself for the 24-hour flight to Singapore and the trip of a lifetime. A week from today, I will be readjusting to the Central Time Zone and preparing to begin my graduate studies at TCU. It's been an amazing experience so far, with too many interesting encounters to mention in this blog. I'm learning so much and meeting people from around the world. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and learning about myself.

As an "Young Reporter" I have spent two days working as a print reporter and two days as a photo-journalist. Tomorrow is day two of my time in broadcast media. I can't imagine a better crash course in sport reporting. The 28 of us young reporters are learning from six of the best minds in sport media in the world. I will be excited to return home, where the humidity is less intense and the food is more familiar. But until then, I am going to take advantage of this unique opportunity and make the most of every day.

Singapore tidbit: Singaporeans are crazy about soccer, specifically the English Premier League, more specifically the team Manchester United.

Click HERE to view my photo album from the Opening Ceremony. Click HERE to read my fencing article from Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment