Monday, November 2, 2009

Business Casual

Halloween was a two-day event this year. Friday I was in costume at work, my office was one of a few that actually dressed up. I've never spent a lot of money on a costume and this year was no different. I bought a dreadlocks wig from Walgreens and borrowed another intern's tie-dye shirt. That night I went to a party thrown by one of my co-workers. Outside of four other interns and one other co-workers, I didn't know anyone at the party. It ended up being really fun and I got to know two of my co-workers a little better.

Halloween day was spent watching college football all day at the house I was house-sitting. The house, owned by one of my bosses, is like a ski lodge without the slopes, complete with hot tub and a nature trail for a backyard. The worst part was climbing his snowed under front yard to get to the front door. Anyways, the Texas Longhorns defeated Oklahoma State to remain unbeaten and in the hunt for the national championship game. After the game, some interns and I headed downtown where we met up with the rest of the intern class. I realized on the way down that I had forgotten my costume. I picked up a "Math Tutor" sign off the side of the road and carried it around with me all night. Surprisingly, the costume was a hit.

Click HERE for photos of Halloween and my home for the week.

Click HERE for the latest Olympic Sports Scene.

Click HERE for Teresa's article on a triathlete racing for a cause.

Days until I am sipping Bill Miller's sweet tea in San Antonio: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment