Sunday, November 29, 2009

Texas Comes to Town

The past two weekends, I've been visited by my buddy Sean and my parents. Sean came up from Austin so that we could both go to the Denver Broncos-San Diego Chargers game at Invesco Field at Mile High. The home team lost but it was still had a lot of fun. We didn't know of anyone tailgating so we bought a six-pack and pre-gamed ourselves, Texas-style, using the unmelted snow as an ice chest.

While on his visit, I showed Sean downtown Colorado Springs, where he met half of the intern class. I took him on a tour of the Olympic Training Center. We stopped by the Air Force Academy to peak inside the Cadet Chapel. We watched the Texas Longhorns advance to 11-0 in a downtown Denver sports bar.

With Sean gone, it was a quick three-day workweek and then Thanksgiving weekend. My parents flew up and we spent the break with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins in Highlands Ranch. It was there that we ate an untraditional Thanksgiving dinner (no turkey) and watched the Horns finish the regular season undefeated at 12-0. I took my parents on a tour of Colorado Springs on Friday, complete with OTC tour, AFA drive-through and lunch in Manitou Springs. Saturday, we walked around Boulder, Colorado.

I have only three more weeks left in my internship. I hope to finish strong and see a few more sights along the way.

Click HERE for photos of Sean's visit.

Click HERE for the latest Olympic Sports Scene.

Days until the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games: 75

No comments:

Post a Comment