Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So Long, Farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, Innsbruck. My third Olympic Games might have been my most productive. After many trips to the mountains and many interviews conducted through interpreter or broken English, I have some stories to show for it. I learned a ton about writing and reporting while working with some awesome mentors and senior reporters. Never will I get to work with such great sportswriters and editors in a situation where it's expected for them to show me everything they know.

I had a great time hanging out with the other young reporters. Never will I get the chance to spend two weeks eating, drinking and working with 14 other people from different countries. The experience of talking with others about their native culture, food and politics is the next best kind of cultural exchange after visiting those countries themselves. I've gained a tour guide should I visit Barbados, Vancouver, the Canadian Arctic, Montevideo, Tel Aviv, Vienna, China, Singapore, Australia, Dakar, Senegal, Delhi, Riga and Ukraine.

Click HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE for four more of my stories.

Click HERE for more photos of my Austrian adventure.

German translation of the day: beer = bier

No comments:

Post a Comment