Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rapids and Resorts

By rapids, I mean the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer. I had never been to a MLS game and it didn't disappoint. My fellow soccer-watching USOC intern Maura and I drove out to Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Denver. The soccer-specific stadium was pretty cool looking and just about packed. It was a little wierd being around so many American soccer-fans. The highlight of the day was realizing that the head referee on the field was none other than former Central Catholic High School student/teacher/coach Jason Anno.

By resorts, I mean the world-renowned Broadmoor hotel and resort in Colorado Springs, at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. My Aunt and Uncle were kind enough to take me there for lunch. Established 1918, the sprawling resort was over the top, but classy. I imagine that lots of celebrities and maybe a few presidents have stayed there. If those walls could talk...

My first real bit of writing is now posted online. The Olympic Sports Scene is a weekly online newsletter that recaps all the past week's competitions from each U.S. Olympic sports team. From now until December, me and the other media relations intern Vanessa will be putting it together.

Click here for photos of the Rapids game and the Broadmoor.

Today's weather in Colorado Springs: High 74, Low 54, thunderstorms

No comments:

Post a Comment