Saturday, February 20, 2010

Alpine Aficionado

Today I attended my fourth alpine event. I have seen U.S. skiers win five medals. The U.S. alpine ski team has now won seven medals, the U.S. Ski Team 11, and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association 16. I have been up close and personal with three of the best U.S. skiers ever: Bode Miller, Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso. After a mix of rain, snow and fog that has caused delays, the weather has been perfect. The sun is shining, just not on the print media area, where I'm stationed. The temperature drops considerably in the shade and it can make waiting for athletes to come through seem like an eternity. I suppose it's all in a day's work here in the Whistler. I'll probably never have as much fun working 12 hour days and weekends.

Click HERE for the post-alpine quotes I posted today.

Canadian Observation of the Day: The country has two languages (English and French), which seems like a huge pain in the butt, having to label everything twice.

Medal Count: USA 21, Germany 14, Norway 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment