Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Behind the Scenes

There are three competition venues in the Whistler area. The Whistler Sliding Centre is home to luge, bobsled and skeleton competitions. Alpine skiing resides at Whistler Creekside. I didn't get to see the Whistler Olympic Park but I will eventually when helping out at the Nordic skiing disciplines: cross country, ski jumping, biathlon and Nordic combined. I was a pre-teen the only time I have skied. I have never been to a competitive skiing venue, much less seen a luge track. This is all new to me. I try to keep my ears and eyes open and soak it all in, hoping that it will start to make sense to me.

Canadian observation of the day: approximate Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion can be done by doubling the temperature and adding 30

Whistler forecast (Celsius): High 6, Low 0, partly cloudy

No comments:

Post a Comment