Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Next Stop: Vancouver


That guy in the photo is none other than Bob Harper, one of the two trainers on NBC's The Biggest Loser. Jillian was less willing to take photos with fans. The show came to the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs to film an episode back in November. That episode will air next Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 7pm CST.

I leave Friday for Vancouver, British Columbia, where I will be serving as a U.S. Olympic Committee Press Officer at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games. Actually, I will be stationed in Whistler, a ski resort 70 miles north of Vancouver. I will be in Canada for 26 days, from Feb. 5 to March 2. I'm very excited about it although I'm still not quite sure what my job duties will be. And I definitely have no idea what to expect when it comes to the craziness of an Olympic Winter Games.

The Opening Ceremonies are Friday, Feb. 12 and the closing ceremonies are Sunday, Feb. 28. Today's weather in Whistler: High 40, Low 33, scattered snow.

Click HERE for the 2010 U.S. Olympic Team announcement release I helped put out.

Click HERE for the 2009 USOC Awards release I wrote.

Follow me on Twitter @NickOlivier.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky duck, you got to meet Bob! I'm very jealous haha. Have an amazing time in Canada!

    ReplyDelete