Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Cultural Olympiad

After sport, the Olympic Games is a celebration of music and art. Music and sport are both universally loved and great ways to bring people together. Everyday, four free concerts are within a quick walk from my office. I've been unable to see a few of the shows I had circled on my calendar, such as jewish rapper Matisyahu and costumed deejay Deadmau5. But recently I've made up for it by catching Damian Marley (son of Bob) and Canadian indie rock group Stars. The Games are nearing their end and Whistler goes out with a bang with hip-hop artists on three straight nights: the Roots, Knaan and Usher. Oh yeah, there are some sport competitions going on as well.

Click HERE for my flash quotes from the first run of the women's alpine giant slalom event.

Canadian Observation of the Day: The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, affectionately known as Mounties, are everywhere, although not all of them wear the official red jacket, tan Stetson and boots.

Medal Count: USA 28, Germany 24, Norway 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment