Monday, February 8, 2010

Whistler: More Than Just Marmots and Moose

I'm starting get to know Whistler, the ski town at the foot of the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. The town has enough bars and restaurants to accommodate the hordes of winter sport enthusiasts that are about to descend on British Columbia. Along with sports, the Olympic Games feature lots of live music. There are three outdoor stages along the Village Stroll, including one at the Medals Plaza for post-Victory Ceremony concerts and one at Skiers Plaza at the foot of the slopes where DJs will play each night during the Games. Matisyahu and Damian Marley hightlight the lineup for me. I'll be happy to catch any amount of live music as I'm sure anything will sound good when standing among thousands of people from around the globe.

Canadian observation of the day: I've heard very few "ehs" and "aboots"

Whistler forecast (celcius): High 8, Low -1, partly cloudy

No comments:

Post a Comment