Monday, February 15, 2010

Catching All the Action

Two days ago, I got to watch my first Olympic event: men's luge. Today, I watched my first Olympic event finals: men's alpine skiing - downhill. American Bode Miller earned the bronze medal in the event after not finishing in the top ten all year. Yesterday, Johnny Spillane became the first American to win a medal in Nordic combined skiing. These two were the first Americans to win medals from the Whistler venues, which makes for a busy night for me and my co-workers.

Since the opening ceremonies, I've been able to watch parts of three live concerts: Matisyahu, Estelle and Valerie Sajdik. I'm still hoping to see one of the nightly DJ shows at the end of the Whistler ski slope.

Click HERE and HERE for the last two transcripts I've posted.

Canadian observation: beanie (US) = toque (Canadian, pronounced "took")

Medal Count: USA 8, France, Germany and Canada have 4

1 comment: