Saturday, February 13, 2010

One Big Canadian Party

Last night I attended the Opening Ceremonies for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We got there just in the nick of time and had great seats on the floor. We got to see performances by Canada's best: Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLaughlin and K.D. Lang. My favorite singers were the one's I had never heard of who sang the Canadian national anthem and the official Olympic anthem, which was more like an opera. I could have done without the fiddles and tapdancing but the Cirque du Soleil-type acrobatics that followed were great. The highlights were watching the U.S. and Canadian teams process around the stadium and meeting up with my Vancouver USOC buddies that I hadn't seen since December: Vanessa, Lisa, Nicole, Maureen, Lindsay, Bob, Peggy. I hope to see them again before I leave Canada.

Click HERE to read my former fellow intern Vanessa's blog.

Canadian observation of the day: parking garages are called "parkades"

Whistler forecast (Celsius): High 3, Low 2, rain

No comments:

Post a Comment